View Single Post
Originally Posted by extendedping View Post
If I pay for this joikuspot, am I good to go?
Yep. You can always complain to them if youre not

will tmobile somhow start charging me?
I can't see how they'd realise, perhaps by looking at the user agent headers of your http requests and see that it's not a mobile browser

I just want it for basic web browsing when I am not at a wireless such as home or a starbuck. so a few questions...
There's a free version of joiku that does web only, but it may not be available for n900

1) can I keep my custom kernel settings? I am using lv with 850/250 and am very happy with this configuration
MH requires a custom kernel, but doesnt care about the lv/clock

2) will it work over 2.5 as I really hate killing my n900 with 3g
yes

3) does it work well? I just want to have the option to use some basic browsing through my toshiba which does not have bluetooth, so it seems I need to use the n900 as an access point.
Ummm... Not as well as I'd expected. Few bugs, conencts up the wrong APN, sometimes doesnt wait long enough for the GSM net to establish, I have to go into my ipod settings and renew the dhcp lease each time I reboot MH otherwise it doesnt work and after some period of inactivity on the N900 it knocks the wifi off, and I have to faff about getting it started again, quit MH, disconnect net, start MH, start the AP, renew the lease..

thanks and again I am sorry but I just hate when there is no wiki and a dissussion runs into the 100's of posts...
Me too