View Single Post
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by niqbal View Post
Apple took Google's Maps API back in the day and made their own maps app. Nokia lacks extreme software engineering practices big time. Since its their approach which is questionable, i dont understand how next generation high end Nokia smartphones can be better. A batch of high end Nokia phones have failed in past couple of years now. Generic Meego port (in works) is for dev purposes. Main question is will Nokia bring their version of Meego to n900 and the answer is NO
Well, and to that end, I also suspect that Apple takes very good care to keep supporting at least the past two iterations of their devices each time they release a new device and operating system, in addition to making a plethora of accessories available from first and third party sources to make their device fit customers' individual usage and interests. This is something I've never seen Nokia do: flirt with and enchant customers into the brand so that they continue to buy newer devices. If anything, Nokia's dreadful customer support and appalling product support has illustrated to me a company with severe repulsiveness toward customers.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post: