View Single Post
Posts: 268 | Thanked: 1,053 times | Joined on May 2010 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by WesleyNL View Post
i cant find anything usefull at the 1st 10 pages thats why ask for someone to help , im not knowledgeble about detailed stuff, remind you guys im a windows user and totaly know nothing about linux , i only know linux is like win2000nt, basicly linux is used for servers as ppl tell me on irc, thats all i
know , all i readed ppl saying "it would be lovely to see flash player 10" and they were making it and thenthey are making it not its to confuing, and af for silver light all i know there was a thing called moonlight witch was a replace for silverlight

sorry hun im not one of the smart ppl on the world
Summary:

-There is no indication that there will be an official flash update, so version 9 is and will probably be the latest
-Texas Instruments does have Flash 10.1 available by request for their ARM products, of which the N900 is also based on. However, the license forbids redistribution of it (some people at TMO have the file, thus working flash 10.1) and the N900 platform doesn't qualify for it IIRC.
-You can use the Tweak Flash Version app to make Flash 9 report itself as Flash 10 so websites 'requiring' Flash 10 (but not actually needing it) will work again. Luckily, there aren't too much sites actually needing Flash 10 currently.

-Silverlight = Microsoft product, won't work on Linux
-Moonlight = Open Source implementation of Silverlight (for Linux), though it hasn't been ported to the N900. Also, Moonlight doesn't provide all the functions Silverlight does atm.

-iDont