View Single Post
Posts: 429 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Dubai
Originally Posted by retsaw View Post
My point in saying that it won't work for my phone, is that mine won't be the only one, and whilst it is fine for people who know what they are doing with overclocking, it is not responsible to recommend it to people who don't know what they are doing at least not without providing a clear warning.

And with respect, the title doesn't say it all. It may surprise you, but I can actually read the title, if I thought it said it all I wouldn't have posed my question; I can also read your script and understand what it is doing. All the title does is state the intent of your script, what I don't understand is how your script is better than just keeping a sensible low voltage profile to save battery, and if you wish you could set a QueenBeacon widget to temporarily change to a high performance profile if you need better performance for some reason. In other words, why change the profile in response to changing battery levels rather than keeping an optimally energy efficient profile all the time?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to knock your efforts, I just don't understand the benefit of this. And I hope I don't come across as too negative, I'm following what you are doing here because I'm interested in it.
i really undersatnd what you're saying , i admit being being careless with me end work but its just because i have limited time to work on this and instead the discourgment by some i would really appreciate a hand lended for help
ideas from here and there would make this script amazing
i know it can as it has a great base to work from
furthur more the reason why i got careless at the end part is because its my final year at school and as most of us know its not easy!
this isnt for lets say "new" users of the N900 and i would soon make it more user friendly
maybe make a .deb file is someone would take the efford to guide me
so dear friend i was told once linux is all about sharing
so if you have any idea or suggestion please dont hesitate to mention it
and the "whats the use? question" try laying away from it
no one likes to hear that

thanks alot,
bakuur