View Single Post
Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
How to upgrade "HOME" root file system to PR1.3 Over-the-Air:

There are two choices:

A. Just reboot into Nokia UBIFS root file system, remove "/home" root file system via M32GBrm.sh, upgrade UBIFS root file system to PR1.3 and start over (see first message). Actually, upgrade can be done via UBIFS root FS flashing here too instead of Over-the-Air in this case.

B. Upgrade OTA without loosing "/home" root file system:

- 1. Reboot into Nokia UBIFS root file system

- 2. Upgrade Over-the-Air it with PR1.3 in usual way (prepare via removing blocking applications, upgrade and reboot).

- 3. If you running NON-stock kernel (like Titan's OC) - then copy kernel modules to "/home" root FS via command

cp -a /lib/modules/2* /home/lib/modules

- 4. Reboot to "/home" root FS

- 5. Perform Over-the-Air upgrade to PR1.3 a second time (this time - upgrade of "/home" root FS).

I did it and it works. The only problem was - the last step (5) ran 5 time longer then upgrade of UBIFS, in my case - around 4 hours. I still don't know the reason and it may be a very unfortunate pattern of eMMC writes which kills a write performance. Or something slow with USB access during upgrade. Or just bigger root FS - much bigger now

However, it finishes well and after reboot anything works. Bluetooth needs explicit "enable" and 3G may needs some adjustment. I believe backup before and restore after may help in this too but I didn't bother with restore (just fixed BT "ON" and 3G configuration to T-Mobile). BTW, the same problem is in UBIFS after upgrade to PR1.3

Last edited by egoshin; 2010-10-27 at 07:29. Reason: Clarification

The Following User Says Thank You to egoshin For This Useful Post: