View Single Post
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Well, you COULD actually tell us the names of the apps that showed up, so we could help you.

For the most part, that's probably perfectly normal. I have hildon-desktop running in the 5-8 % CPU range. Xorg logging is a little under that.

However, something interesting for the people testing conky, since this fella just asked the above question, I went to run top in xterm just to check:

Conky, running at somewhere around 4-8 (mostly 7.something) %CPU. Except I don't have conky launched.

"PID 25107 PPID 1 USER user STAT S RSS 1464 /usr/bin/conky -d -c /etc/conky/conky.conf"

Ran:
Code:
ps |grep "conky"
Output:
20416 user 30904 S /usr/bin/conky -d -c /home/user/MyDocs/conky.conf
25107 user 27764 S /usr/bin/conky -d -c /etc/conky/conky.conf
(And it also output "grep conky", but that's because grep identified itself greping conky as one of the processes to grep.)

Ran:
killall conky

Then did the ps |grep "conky" again:

The /usr/bin/conky -d -c /etc/conky/conky.cong - the one that was eating 7% CPU, vanished. The other one, that pointed to the MyDocs conky.conf file, remained, even after another killall conky. However, that process doesn't seem to be eating any CPU.

I did not reboot between now and installing this latest conky. So it may have been a post-install thing - not my area of expertise. Anyone who hasn't rebooted or ran killall conky since you installed the new version care to run top and tell us what it reports?