View Single Post
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
Well, you COULD actually tell us the names of the apps that showed up, so we could help you.

For the most part, that's probably perfectly normal. I have hildon-desktop running in the 5-8 % CPU range. Xorg logging is a little under that.

However, something interesting for the people testing conky, since this fella just asked the above question, I went to run top in xterm just to check:

Conky, running at somewhere around 4-8 (mostly 7.something) %CPU. Except I don't have conky launched.

"PID 25107 PPID 1 USER user STAT S RSS 1464 /usr/bin/conky -d -c /etc/conky/conky.conf"

Ran:
Code:
ps |grep "conky"
Output:
20416 user 30904 S /usr/bin/conky -d -c /home/user/MyDocs/conky.conf
25107 user 27764 S /usr/bin/conky -d -c /etc/conky/conky.conf
(And it also output "grep conky", but that's because grep identified itself greping conky as one of the processes to grep.)

Ran:
killall conky

Then did the ps |grep "conky" again:

The /usr/bin/conky -d -c /etc/conky/conky.cong - the one that was eating 7% CPU, vanished. The other one, that pointed to the MyDocs conky.conf file, remained, even after another killall conky. However, that process doesn't seem to be eating any CPU.

I did not reboot between now and installing this latest conky. So it may have been a post-install thing - not my area of expertise. Anyone who hasn't rebooted or ran killall conky since you installed the new version care to run top and tell us what it reports?
i run ps | grep "conky" and gave this:

2633 user 27892 S conky
8478 user 31548 S /usr/bin/conky -d -c /etc/conky/conky.conf
8517 user 2092 S grep conky

then i run:

killall conky

conky was killed and closed..then i open it again and run ps | grep " conky" again and wave me this:

8582 user 31548 S /usr/bin/conky -d -c /etc/conky/conky.conf
8604 root 2088 S grep conky

i've seem the other conky process was closed...
many thanks!!!...

but another question, this is gonna happen again? and can be fixed only by this way?

a note: my hildon desktop when the n900 is mostly inactive shows only a 0,33% CPU usage.

another note: at the moment i have only one conky process running, whit 3-5% CPU usage, before this there was 3 conky process, one with 7% CPU, another wiht 6% CPU and the last with 3% CPU, i think that was strange.