View Single Post
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Oh you people and restarting. :P (You can still see if Conky runs while not launched anyway, both before and after first launch of Conky after a reboot.)

Anyway, to answer your question (though I'm not looking at the .conf file right now so I'm only making an educated guess from memory what you're talking about), ${alignr ###} is basically like ${goto ###}, but instead of just going to that pixel, you're right-aligning the text following the alignr to that pixel.

Basically, if you noticed how ${goto #} works, it takes all the text after it on that line, and starts it from the x-axis pixel number you designated. Meaning, the very left side of the screen is 0 (or 1, I'm not 100% sure how conky processes it), then the middle of the screen on the N900 (since the display is 800x480) would be 400 (or, again, 399, depending on how Conky does it).

And alignr (without a value specified - just $alignr) takes something, and aligns it to the right edge of the screen. Put the two together, and you get ${alignr #} = align something the way you would to the right edge of the screen, but instead of the edge, you use whatever the horizontal pixel number you wrote in. So $alignr and ${alignr 800} do the same thing basically. Anything less than that and the right side of the text/graph/bar being aligned is fixed to that particular number.

So
Code:
${alignr 300}Blahblah$variable blah
will place the h of the right-most "blah" against an imaginary vertical line 300 pixels away from the left edge of the screen.

Sorry if I seem condescending when saying any of the above - I was writing this both for your benefit and for the benefit of any other readers. And tried to make it as intuitive as possible (which the 'imaginary line at...' visualization is the most intuitive when thinking about these things for me).