View Single Post
Posts: 158 | Thanked: 340 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ middle of nowhere
1. I'm not sure about Ubuntu and i don't think it'll work, it'll be laggy as ****.
I see it work acceptable here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMwlchuqsXo
Personally, I would go with a different device. N900 has a piss poor battery life, and i've tried out tons of mods and tweaks to increase its battery life, even sacrificing performance, but it's still crap. It's a good phone, but battery life is one of the majority issues that users have had with it.
I don't think it will be worse than my e90 battery life, wich i charge every night until morning(7-8am) and after browsing some web, listen to music, play some games (that is about 2pm) the battery is at the last line - so i charge the phone about twice per day. And so i am kind of used to have a crap battery, but if n900 could resist from 8am to 10pm without a charge it is perfect.
Personally, i bought the device just coz it looks sexy
I am not interested in how the device looks, i am interested in what it can do as long as it fit in my poket(no offence but i think sexy looking phones are for girls)
Windows Phone 7 or Android is at least more promising, and I doubt Meego will do well, one can only hope for it to. That's just my opinion anyway
Windows phone 7 is a joke - a big mistake from microsoft- instead of improving and innovating windows mobile, they start all over from scratch and with the left foot, i mean come on this os doesen't stand a chance even in front of my old s60v3 os 9.2 e90 look at the limitations:

Windows Phone 7 OS LIMITATIONS:
No system-wide file manager
No videocalling
Limited third-party apps availability
No Bluetooth file transfers
No USB mass storage mode
No multitasking
No copy/paste
Too dependent on Zune software for computer file management and syncing
No music player equalisers
No Flash or Silverlight support in the web browser
No sign of free Bing maps Navigation so far
No DivX/XviD video support
No internet tethering support
New ringtones available only through the Marketplace
Swapping memory card requires hard reset; cards not readable by computer

Microsoft may fix this with time if they will survive in the mobile os market or everything will go the way microsoft kin phones did-to certain death.

Android does look like a promising platform but no phone with android have the opening that n900 have and with android been able to install on the n what else could you want?

PS - Feel free to send your E90 to me. I've always wanted that phone
If you send me your n900 i would gladly send you my e90

About overclocking i read somwhere that the worse thing that may happen is the mass memory that could become corrupted and no camera or messanging acces becase of that