View Single Post
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Sting04 - that's the Marina theme. I use that too, actually (though I eventually modified some parts, even without the modifications it was my favorite theme available on the N900).

- Edit -

(Suppresses dickish remark) I did it. Instead of trying to figure out where the hell I could conceivably download fiasco-flasher (it's not on my device, I tried entering the repository source line in my sources.list, hildon-app-manager.list and fapman's own sources list - the one which you need to get your own token number combination to get access to it), I just ended up figuring out how to force "flasher" to work for my purposes. Namely, I launched softupd (with options -s and --local - also -vv, but that's just increasing verbosity, as I understand it), inside one xterm, then ran flasher with --local and -f -k [path to and name of kernel file provided by Matan].

So, in short,
Code:
softupd -vv -s --local
then leave that alone, open another terminal, and
Code:
flasher --local -f -k {path to kernel file}
. Both need to be run as root. Oh, and then
Code:
sync
afterwords. For reference purposes, I also stumbled upon the same instructions here: http://wiki.maemo.org/Overclocking#F...N900_xterminal I was vaduelly aware of this before, but didn't know it would necessarily be compatible with the file Matan provided, since I wasn't sure what the differences between fiasco-flasher and flasher were. uname -a (and uboot during startup) reported power41 as the kernel, which is what Matan called his power40 + PR1.3.

Great success. (Though I'd still like to get my hands on "fiasco-flasher". Seems like it would be a bit faster to use.)

At any rate, thanks again to Matan for making this.

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2010-11-03 at 13:20. Reason: Got it working.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post: