View Single Post
Originally Posted by PathFinder@9GS View Post
There are software in the application manager that can do that for you.
Try GPE todo list, there are many more
None, I have found, of practical value. This remains a serious shortcoming in the N900, at least for business use.

While this is, of course, a highly subjective topic, I find that the following requirements is a bare minimum for a todo-manager:
  • Hierarchical items
  • Title and summary content fields
  • Status, priority, category and progress meta fields
  • Due, start and stop date fields
  • Functional widget
  • Font size adjust control
  • Filtering and sorting mechanisms

I've, yet again, done some tests on several available applications. GPE ... has problems. The widget doesn't work properly - the adjustments it offers doesn't "take" - and can't be resized. The application itself lack icons - some of them are broken - and there's no hierarchy.

To-Do-O ... well, it's a pain. When starting a list appears, then a black window almost the size of the screen overlay the list. All I can do is exit the program. Sadly the overlay REMAINS

(Yes, I AM aware of the dangers of extras-testing et al)

Pebble-Do has no widget, defaults to adding tasks, and lacks most of my list above.

MultiList works well, except for the UI which appears non-adapted to Maemo It also lacks large chunks of the above, specifically a widget. One of the better of the bunch but not practical due to the lack of an actual item editor (editing multi-line notes in a one-line field is not practical!)

EasyList - a very good LIST manager. But it doesn't really handle todos, as there is no categories, no priorities, no ... you get the drift. Excellent app tho.

PlansPlant - advanced task/project manager, and very flexible. Completion, description, title, etc; but no priority, no widget, and, as is a common failing with applications on Maemo: no possible way of adjusting the FONT size.

And that, in turn, means it can show *7* items before that terrible kinetic scrolling shows up.

The Palm TX can show 14 in portrait mode with Agendus Pro. Seven is not nearly enough to get an oversight over current tasks. GPE can show 8. Marginally better.

(And, of course, PlansPlant's dialogue boxes are in Russian ... some of them. Not all.)

There are several other TODO apps out there; Kontakt I've not managed to install yet. None, so far, cover my requirements. I might have to dig out an editor and a c++ compiler!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TinaHolmboe For This Useful Post: