Thread: [Fremantle Maemo5] [Announce] Advanced Geocaching Tool
View Single Post
I have been searching for a Map application which does not require wifi or 3G connection as downloading data is expensive. Besides, none of the Maps is accurate in my area for me. OVI the worst, it always show my position several to tenth of kilometers from where I am. Mappero and Maep are better but I have to be in a very opened site.

Last night, I browsed the Application Manager and read the description of this AGTL that supports off-line navigation. I downloaded it and tried. For the 1st time, the GPS positioning accurately showed me where I was (at home) but not tenths of km. away in the sea. Except one thing, the arrow of the compass was pointing approx. South instead of North.

This morning when I was riding bus to work, I tried it again. Once I got the GPS locked, I turned off the 3G. The spot showing my position was moving accurately on the off-line map as the bus was moving. However, the arrow of the compass did not point correctly, it kept turning and pointing wrong direction. I suppose it has something to do the GPS of N900.

Thank you for creating this great application.

One question, your application mentions that it supports other maps like Google Map. How can I add Google Map?

TC