View Single Post
Posts: 116 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Oulu, Finland
Well, I think the arrangement was from the beginning that linux foundation pays the trips and their people handle the paper work. I'm not sure how you can bash Nokia for that. Also there was a clear mail who you need to mail about the travel arrangements for approvement and it was certainly not Gil Quim. I got my reply in few days.

I can say it was a bit surprising to see the sharing of rooms but I can cope with that. If you think of it there is probably so many official Nokia and Intel people that one bed rooms have probably went to those people months in advance. Also you wont be sitting in your room too much, just sleeping at nights.

Paying the trips and them paying it back after the proper documents might seem weird. But if you think about it, they can't really push 500-1000 euros to your account and just believe that you are actually buying the tickets with that money, I mean they don't have the time to check if you actually are in the event. And what if you are not, send you an invoice to get the money back?

For the two reasons mentioned above I almost did not leave myself, I thought I'd just take the N900. Not to mention I lose 4 days pay also. I understand the tickets might be hard to bank if you are a student, then it sucks. But I think the system has logic behind it, even if there is a multi million company behind it.

I am now going and hopefully all other guys are too. We should send some pm:s now or when we are there and do some meet and drink some beer

Looking forward to it.

P.S. Suggesting that Nokia/Linux Foundation would not pay the tickets afterward due to your "bad experiences" is just not justified. They are doing the best they can and assigning a lot of people to help us get there and do the arrangements, I would not bash them here. The alternative we would not get anything but the few euros gathered here from maemo.org users pockets.

Last edited by jonnenau; 2010-11-04 at 21:08.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jonnenau For This Useful Post: