View Single Post
Posts: 104 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ New York City
Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
Very stereotypic, and wrong. I know several people who have switched to Mac from Windows due to the reasons you mentioned. Now they are switching back to Windows. Not because of price (they have more than enough money), but because of limitations and inefficiency. These people are 'typical' Mac users working in media.

Imagine Steve Jobs designing (read; re-inventing) a violin. It would be easy to use by everyone and probably look cool, but with a very limited arsenal of sounds and rhythms. It would be usable for everyone but musicians, and it would only play 'iMusic'. Removing the learning curve can be a good thing, but often a learning curve is needed to unleash even the most rudimentary of creativity and imagination that most people need to simply feel alive. For artists a steep and long learning curve is essential. In essence, iProducts are ultimately deadly boring devices that restricts the imagination and creativity due to their design.
i guess you are right about openness. But about imagination, you are dead wrong. With about millions of apps, you have everything; there you go apple did you a favor and now you dont have to think. I know you have the freedom of making custom things work on android and maemo, and how many people can use their imagination, but i havent seen much happen on this side. The apple store beats the crap outta android's market (for games and various others) maybe android 3 will change the situation who knows. And to the other guy, try buying an iphone 4 without contract it will cost you over 900 bucks even with the contract, the plan will get that much money out of you. I know the value of $ i live in usa. Please dont compare Mac and Windows when discussing about phones it is just plain stupid. i use windows and personally hate mac because of its limits. Iphone is more like closed source windows in the mobile world with millions of apps.

Last edited by anwar71839; 2010-11-07 at 09:25.