View Single Post
Originally Posted by wallacelee86 View Post
I faced this problem last week and it caused me a lot of cold sweat! But thank god, I managed to solved it eventually. I did a in device back up before I upgrade to PR1.3. These are the steps I took in order to get both pinyin input method and fn cap key works.

1) Upgrade to Pr1.3 again via ovi suite. It's sort of like a system restore.
2) Then, I restore the back up that I did before upgrade to PR1.3. (but I left the mscim, pinyin and whatever input method untick)
3) As pinyin is the only chinese input method that I use ( and I know this only), so I just install back mscim and google pinyin. (I've tried the mscim pinyin but it seems like it's not working and cause the cap fn key problem)

After that, everything is going to the right direction. I am able to type chinese in pinyin without causing a issue fn and cap key.
Somehow, I cant call the special symbol out anymore. I read somewhere else and it state that it's the cons of mscim. So, no choice...
do you know how can i back up my files like contacts and photos? and when i backed them up, can i just extract them and they'll be in the exact place where there were? Like i hope i dont have to go through re-entering all the informations of my contacts, or merging their skype/msn accounts.. etc