Thread: alternative MMS
View Single Post
Posts: 547 | Thanked: 1,383 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
It is not like MMS and MMS functionality from a user point of view is a new thing that needs to be explored or anything. The functionality is standard on all phones from the cheapest to the most expensive. If you pick up any Sony Ericson, Nokia, Samsung or LG, and I mean ANY phone, even Android and iPhone, you got the basic blueprint of what and how. There isn't any need for detailed and 'constructive' critisism, either it works as expected or it doesn't.

I'm sorry, but fMMS does not work as you would expect. It is limited and strange.

Besides, my question was not about improving fMMS. I was asking if there was an alternative that IMO doesn't suck as much. I shouldn't use the word suck I guess, but it is a good description.
Well, from my POV it does everything the other ones does except send multiple files in one message - so I recon I need the 'constructive' critisism since you obviously have another view on the whole concept. However it seems you are more focused on dismissing it as sucking instead of actually bringing forth any valid points at all...

It's limited and strange because it let's you circumvent arbitrary restrictions on what file types and size you attach? Riiiiight, gotcha.

Welcome to the community, we try to *improve* instead of throwing away months of hard work because someone somewhere finds it lacking.

PS. Patches welcome

Problem with fMMS? Run in x-terminal: cp /tmp/fmms.log /home/user/MyDocs/
After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900
fAPN - GUI for adding a new GPRS APN
If you like this post, don't be shy to thank me -->

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to frals For This Useful Post: