Thread: alternative MMS
View Single Post
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
BTW, frals, I've never gotten around to doing this, but: Thank you for making this. In my personal opinion, this app is wonderful. I WOULD however love that configurable subject line option. I know most people don't use it, but I'd like to have the option to.

Anyway, as for me, I don't have any of the complaints the original poster does. I didn't use my N900 for half a year as a phone. Just switched to using it that way yesterday. And within one check of the wikipedia and correcting two fields I had entered wrong at some point in the past in fMMS, I was able to painlessly receive an MMS from my girlfriend.

For a completely essentially-one-person-made program, it's ridiculously good. It's not integrated with the rest of conversations, which isn't ideal, yeah, but when you actually stop and think about it, it's ridiculous how much work frals has done and how well he's implemented something most companies have dedicated employees for.

I mean, I remember when you actually had to install fAPN seperately, and configure the APN to be able to even use fMMS. Now it does it for you, and does Havoc mode in a way that is theoretically potentially buggy but in practice almost never is.

It's depressing to me that there's anyone in the world who's not mind-blown by that.