Thread: alternative MMS
View Single Post
Posts: 549 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australian in the Philippines
Originally Posted by romanianusa View Post
fmms is useless to me because you have to have data plan to receive or send pictures. You can't do it with wi-fi or can't do it within the concept of txt messaging. My oldest phone which ISN'T a smartphone and was 5 years old...was able to receive pictures through txt messaging and this smartphone can't!!
Try to understand the fundamental differences between SMS (picture messages) and MMS (data) before you make statements like this. You are wrong good sir, and I challenge you to a duel. (Throws gauntlet on floor)

The N900 is a tablet computer with phone features, not all the features, just some of them. The multiple SMS picture message thing is a tad dated (ancient in fact) and, well, kind of obsolete if you ask me. If you want that feature you'll have to talk to Nokia - conversations is a closed application. While it'd be pretty easy to intercept picture messages, you'd still have the same problem as fMMS in that it can't integrate in to conversations directly.

If you got the N900 for these so called picture messages, you got the wrong machine.

The Following User Says Thank You to dchky For This Useful Post: