Thread: Thank you...
View Single Post
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by pantera1989 View Post
...But unlike you, YoDude, I have used the N900 as a phone. And it works wonderfully. I can call anyone, without problems. And I can sms anyone, with the useful threaded sms feature. I never has a problem doing that. Any other thing..I have never used before..so of course I didn't miss them. I never sent MMS (which in Malta with the 100kb limit is worse than useless). And I never used things like dedicated ringtones or speed dialing. Although I think there are workarounds and solutions for these thanks to developers. I don't know for sure as I don't need them. But the N900 never failed to do those two tasks (call and sms). What other thing should a phone do??
I didn't mean to imply that from my research I determined that the N900 shouldn't be my phone. The reality is that I never tried. If phone service was included in the price I pay for just DATA, I'd be a fountain of phone specific posts spouting off at the slightest annoyance and requesting various work arounds... Perhaps a fountain of sorrow, if you will.

I don't know.

What I do know is that I would still use another smaller, lighter, and faster phone as my primary.

What I do depends on phone communication and there are times when I do not need full internet access and do not want to expose an expensive device to the sand at the beach, the drunks at a bar, or various elements of the great outdoors while on R & R.

SLN member # 009