Thread: Thank you...
View Single Post
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
The reason my original response was worded the way it was is that I was responding to one message, which maybe I should have specified. It said that the reason we were enlightened is that we must have done our RESEARCH before buying our device. I think that is a cliche and isn't really true. Without direct experience, I think it's pretty much impossible to get an exact idea whether a certain device works acceptably for you, especially for unique hardware such as the N800, N810 and N900.

So I just took a chance on the N800 -- it sounded cool. I think that was the correct attitude -- none of this thorough advance knowledge for me. That's why I cringe whenever it is repeated -- and of course it has been repeated thousands of times -- that you need to do your research before you buy something. I just don't think that is true. Of course you need to do SOME research, but that isn't all. You need to be open to new experience, and if you rely on research only you will be in an eternal cycle of repeating the same experience time after time, but you will not break through into new things if you are only trying to replicate the same old experiences but better.

I suspect that for many critics of the N900, they are unhappy because it didn't meet their fantasies, and they have been unable to adjust to the real thing. Still, I think that taking the plunge, stepping off into the unknown, is necessary at some point, especially if you want adventure along with your experience.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post: