View Single Post
Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
yes qt seems really a fastest way to make your own app. leafpad and filebox are two apps I wouldn't miss to list in qt app list. You can just start writing simple gui app(or even better simple gui) with few clicks. I considered qt as a nokia version of ms dot net, making the life easier. I learned few bits of qt and successfully compiled sis for symbian and deb for maemo5, installed sis well but in while installing deb I just get error which I guess is because I got older version+little corrupted version of qt in pc. but that might be because I forgot to give it a category which I don't know how to.

for those who wants to learn qt, there's four part tutorial to create app for symbian using qt at blog.symbian.com, shuld help to get started for maemo as well but I learned almost everything except qt before I came across that tutorial. slots, triggers..... sad I didn't learned c++ in past, it is really different from fortran, dot net, dot net c sharp etc in terms of where variables are defined and so forth.