View Single Post
Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by stenny View Post
This is ridiculous. If they can't respond in a timely manner to their bug tracker they need to get the hell out of the software industry altogether. It doesn't matter if it's malice, idiocy, or (poor babies) over-work. If Nokia stipulates a procedure and the procedure doesn't work because of them then Nokia is full of crap, full stop.

At the very least the Council can stop bleating about "opening up maemo" every six months so we don't have to explain to a new batch of users that it is all talk and no action.
The Council is here to help (ignoring Matan's trolling). If no-one says "oh, by the way, could you get involved as the relicencing process doesn't seem to be working", we won't get involved. As it happens, I have emailed Nokia this afternoon - pointing at the "ping" lma pointed to, asking on the status and further clarification.

Well, congratulations, you fantastic egotist. Is it dizzying, the way the world revolves around you? I guess we can stop talking about this altogether, since you've got what you want.
I think you misunderstood me. I was saying that I've not followed the relicencing queue as I've not put anything on it. I was also pointing out that the openness of Fremantle is higher than Diablo.

If there's something blocked that you're interested in, could you please give me the URLs, and let me know your attempts to chivvy it along? I agree with you and lma: in a perfect world, we would not need to chase things up; but this is the real world and, technically, Nokia don't have to open anything up. It's difficult to justify a commercial business case for it, so bleats of "everything should be open" won't help.

Maybe nothing will, and if you're tired of trying, that's fine.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post: