View Single Post
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by droitwichgas View Post
It now looks like the end for meamo, so much for all those Qt apps being ported to the OS. It looks lk,e we just have to hope the Meego developers get a decent OS running for the N900, otherwise interest in it will disappear as soon as a meego handset appears.
Nobody likes it whenever we point it out, but I would argue that my opinion is it's already finished. We've been saying it for a few months now: Maemo's dead, man.

Understandably, nobody that invested in the device (especially back when it was $650) wants to hear that but the signs were already sprinkled around in little things Nokia said and in their actions. The clearly desperate action of trying to turn Maemo into yet another iPhone competing "me too!" device instead of growing it into a proper Internet Tablet in the very market segment it had carved out for itself was, in my opinion, an epic blunder. Now everyone is suddenly jumping onboard the tablet bandwagon right after Nokia abandoned it. Dolts!

Continuing the practices that the previous Internet Tablet owners had been mistreated to, such as Nokia's lack of communication, support and unwillingness to fix bugs or at least open up THEIR OWN SOURCE CODE to the community to let them support themselves, is another series of epic blunders. It's incredible that the company errs on the side of keeping source code CLOSED on an open-source platform so that only Nokia can fix most of the problems. Why? Is Nokia's source code just that horribly embarrassing that they would prefer not to let it see the light of day? Why err on the side of closed? Bumbling idiots.

There's no bragging points if you're suddenly shifting your strategy to a "me too!" platform if you're going to just do what your competition has been doing, and no better.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post: