View Single Post
Posts: 138 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Vancouver Island, Canada
Hi there HellFlyer. I chose Fido several years ago because they had towers in my area and they offered my wife and me a "couples" package that was much more affordable and better suited to our needs than anyone else. And to this day, no other carrier in our area can match it for our needs. Even Fido no longer offers this package to new subscribers. The energing carriers don't have good coverage in my area yet (I'm in the middle of Vancouver Island).

@dannycamps. If Fido is keying off the SIM card, then presumably their browsing feature should work when the SIM card is in my N900. However, that's not the case. However, there are millions of IMEI numbers out there, so I'm not convinced Fido is keying off that either. I'm more inclined to think they're keying off something returned by the Fido-branded browser and that's why the N900 doesn't get the free service.

Has anyone else figured out how to get around this? E.g. if you move a T-Mobile SIM card into an N900, does your T-Mobile price plan follow you?