View Single Post
Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by Acidspunk View Post
Yeah I don't think anyone is arguing that they're a company that needs to make a profit. And no one is asking for a freebie either. But at least give us a chance to buy it. Or enable ads on it or whatever. Just don't leave early adopters out in the cold.
I very much doubt that charging/ads (with the Maemo market size) will even cover the cost of implementing that functionality, let alone the cost of completing development.

I personally love instinctive and think it's a far more usable approach to being able to listen to music on the n900. People like me already love this app. Users on windows don't even know about it and it will have to compete with about a million free alternatives out there, including windows media player and winamp.
I think the desktop versions are more likely to be driven by the mobile popularity - if it makes it easier to synch/update the music on your phone, then it's a more attractive desktop solution that winamp/wmp.

Bottomline is, they're basically going to launch this app on every platform except the one that already knows and loves their stuff. I'm having some trouble wrapping my head around that.
That's market forces for you. *shrugs*

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post: