View Single Post
Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Originally Posted by ARJWright View Post
The SVP/video that the OP was referring to - and the very open talk around BetaLabs about Bots, Feel, and Situations pretty much points to this idea of *some* device intelligence being added to the default UI. It really is a matter of time, and they've been getting some good feedback (it seems) from those three apps.

Personally speaking, Bots is one core reason that I can't see myself going to another mobile platform just yet. Yes, there are mobile platforms where you can download a 3rd party application, and then program it to do this or that given certain parameters. It is another thing for the device to "learn" and "adapt" without much user attention being taken. If you will, there's no need to train because the platform is built to learn from the outset.

This is what is meant by devices being smart, and I welcome it - as long as we can see it implemented in small steps (at least at first).
I would love to see Nokia port bots across to maemo, or for similar functionality to be coded.

This is exactly where I see things going, and I think that it is very exciting, that systems can learn and adapt to how we use them.

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________