View Single Post
Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
Hi all

I have a question according moving SleepAnalyser into Extras and would like to know your opinion.
Soon I will be able to add more languages to it, which would make it great to be added to Extras-Testing (again).
Beside of that I see it as a stable version and I will not add new features for a while.

Now the problem is that it is very hard to get the needed 10 votes to move from Extras-Testing to Extras.
If I now would promote a new version to Extras-Testing, I would lose the few votes the current version has and it would start again from 0 votes. This is very frustrating for those who already voted for it an then did it for vain.

Should I now do it anyway?
Or should I wait until I have the 10 votes?
To be honest, the version in Extras is now already outdated since a while and because of that I would appreciate if it could get updated.
Normal users should not need to use Extras-Testing, how ever if the software in Extras is always too much outdated, they will feel forced to use Extras-Testing, which actually is only thought for testing (its name... )

Instead of a donation ( ) I also would appreciate if you could test it and vote for it.
If you already use it, it should not take too much time to do it.
The link for voting is:
http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...lyser/1.8-105/

A good explanation how to test is here: http://wiki.maemo.org/Extras-testing/QA_checklist
It also explains the criterias in detail:
1. [ ] Bug database exist.
2. [ ] Licensing ok.
3. [ ] No illegal/dubious content.
4. [ ] Working provided features.
5. [ ] No missing announced features.
6. [ ] Optification ok.
7. [ ] No performance problems.
8. [ ] No power management issues.
9. [ ] No known security risks.

Most of them can be checked easily by everybody:
1. Is my email adress
2. check "about" dialog
3. check content
4. Use it
5. Use it
6. This one is harder to test, but you actually only have to compare the free space on the rootfs before and after the installation.
7. Use it
8. Use it
9. Use it (or study the source code )
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

The Following User Says Thank You to caco3 For This Useful Post: