View Single Post
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by extendedping View Post
Hi would there be any way to have an ability to amend the current search from within the results page? For example, I want to look for youtube video's for shell scripting so I pull that up. Then I realize I really want, linux shell scripting, so I go back and redo the search or get the most recent search and amend it.

Would be nice if you did not have to switch screens from the search results to amend (which is really do a new) search, that way you could get very granular without having to switch back to a previous screen.

Btw the app is great as it is it is just me being selfish, I know that
There used to be a 'New search' button in the search results window, but I removed it because creating lots of new windows can cause memory issues. The windows and their child objects (thumbnails etc) have to be stored in RAM.

I'm rewriting cuteTube using QML/C++ atm, so I'm discontinuing development on the existing version. The new version will have cleaner code, improved performance and a 'blingy' UI with some nice transitions. The basic layout will remain the same, though the application will run in fullscreen and has a less awkward menu system. I'm already quite a way into designing the UI, so I'm hoping to release something within the next few weeks.

I'm genuinely surprised and impressed at just how much work you can do in QML.

My website

GitHub

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post: