View Single Post
Originally Posted by Brank View Post
I think it's a good name. I can see how you can twist it in to "me ego", but if you can disregard that I don't see a problem.
Sounds catchy, especially if you say it while imitating the hulk. meego store
Sorry I don't like it though it was obviously chosen to point out the mobile aspects of the products using it. Can't say I can come up with something better anyway.

It probably can be construed to mean a half a dozen things. Maybe something in Finnish or Chinese since someone in China has registered Meego.org. I bet China, India, and Africa are the big targets with all these efforts.

Once they get the details of MeeGo to their liking, if I were Nokia, I would be the first handset manufacturer to routinely and for a reasonable price, offer unlocked phones in the US, if they want to play catchup.

I didn't find a MeeGo logo on the MeeGo site though other than those Peeple type characters.

What is their Logo? Is MeeGo going to be a selling point to be marketed or is it going to be Nokia brand that they are going to market? In my opinion marketing MeeGo to devs and manufacturers is fine but to the end customer they'd better stick with Nokia an d just show what the phones can do in the commercials. Nokia was my first phone and I'm sure the first phone of most people out there. I still think they have the most brand recognition world wide when it comes to cell phones.