View Single Post
Posts: 291 | Thanked: 398 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ USA
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
The out of the box experience for the Nokia N900 downright sucks in comparison to any other phone other there that claims to be a smartphone. I have to apply even more research to the OS than I did for purchasing the damn thing, it doesn't even send images via MMS out of the box, it cannot open up and edit MS Office files out of the box, it will never get an update to Flash Player 10.1 out of the box. I have to add repositories, I have to open up the terminal, I have to login to a community like this, I have to install many other libraries, applications and workarounds just to get to a comfortable place to use the damn thing, then I have to buy yet another battery, a desktop charger, shave down the barbs on the microUSB charger and submit myself to constant questions of "Did you do your research?" ... if I were a n00b, that is. I've been here longer than most folks, and yet I've seen that thrown around constantly... that's a downright uninviting way to ask for a way to help anybody. Anyway, out of the box plain sucks. The fact that the platform has many ways to rectify that though, is great.
Well, you can make a call out of the box when inserted your simcard, try to compare out of the box experience with iphone..

For iphone you need to buy a computer and an internet connection and then maybe you can make some call.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to khuong For This Useful Post: