View Single Post
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by craftyguy View Post
This one is also close. I've even contributed $$ to the developer since it was close to being a viable replacement.

However:

1) Have you actually heard espeak? It's so offensive that I want to rip off my ears every time I hear it. It mispronounces everything, and it just..for lack of a better word.. harsh.
I have heard espeak. I have asked espeak to pronounce "speak" while my friend tried to guess it. The prominent guess was "stick", though by increasing amplitude, slowing the pronunciation and increasing the pitch I finally made the word recognisable.
My friend told that now he knows how some cartoons characters get these strange voices.

2) The menu system in modrana is bad, very bad. It's confusing, takes many steps to accomplish simple tasks, and the search functionality is just overkill (at least for me, i just want local search, the others never worked well in my area anyways)
It's not all that confusing. Though, I don't have Internet when I use Modrana, so I cannot use most of its functionality. And adding a POI really takes too much effort.
At least, it's predictable, and buttons are large enough for fingers.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post: