View Single Post
Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by twigleaf1976 View Post
I just wanted to say this is one of the best threads / things I have seen on this forum. Not only has Ovi maps been the biggest disappointment on the N900 considering it is supported on EVERY OTHER Nokia phone, but for me it won't even work.

I have seen screen shots of colour. (Yes Ovi maps for me is that bad, I have beige and nothing.)
I have seen screen shots of streets. (Yes my ovi maps can't find anything while standing in a city, it reports that I am stood in a field of nothing.)
And I have seen buildings (see note above)

Congrats to OP. I am off to see if I can get half of this to work.

Although I am shocked to hear Nokia does the map lookups on their servers, no wonder when I last used OVI maps it drank half my battery in less than twenty minutes. For those on limited data plans I pity you.
Couldn't agree with you more, this thread is simply kick-***. Its still just a bit too techy for me and I don't think I can pull off installing all this stuff correctly.

However about your Maps, it sounds like you might have a corrupt installation or something. Have you tried doing a reflash`? A lot of components were updated (or changed) in PR1.3., so maybe something went wrong in the process.

Please read my blog: "PeakMobility", which deals with MeeGo/Maemo, Windows Phone and mobile technology in general from a hedonistic user point-of-view: http://peakmob.blogspot.com/

The Following User Says Thank You to cjp For This Useful Post: