Thread: N900 in Japan?
View Single Post
Posts: 133 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Travel bag
@wmarone

Regarding the query below from Duy2anh about loosing the onscreen input window, you have mentioned about "wrapping in a shell script". Could you help provide an example of how this can be done, perhaps for EBView.

Also on a related note, you mentioned about using EBView. The search word input field on EBView seem to be so small. Have you any work around to make this input field appear a little bigger.. This Search word input field is so small that you dont see what is being input there..

TiA
Shin

Originally Posted by Duy2anh View Post
This method work well too, but as a trade-off, I lose the symbol table. So whenever I need some symbols, I have to go to the file and delete the added line, reboot the phone!
Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
Yes.
My solution to that is two-fold:

1) Applications I want to run using Japanese all the time I have wrapped in a shell script that sets those variables before running the program. Currently, only EBView is set up this way for Japanese dictionaries.

2) By default, anything not flagged like that can be used by closing the keyboard and tapping a second time in the input field, which brings up an input window. You can type into this using the IME like you normally would.

The Following User Says Thank You to shin For This Useful Post: