View Single Post
I'm back in the game.

Did the x-clamp fix to my Xbox 360 and ta daaaa...... it bloody well works.

It took just over 2 hours to complete (but i was being very careful) cleaning the cpu and gpu chips free of the old thermal paste took the most time up.

Name:  20110115_010.jpg
Views: 1168
Size:  26.9 KB

As you can see the rrod has gone and those x-clamps in front of the Xbox are part of the problem they put too much pressure on the motherboard and heat sinks so you remove them put screws through the motherboard directly into the heat sinks a few nylon and metal washers here and there new thermal paste on the cpu and gpu chips, bake the console with fans off for 2 mins (switch on with no fans on, the cpu and gpu will heat up and any poor solder will re-solder itself) cool down reconnect fans re-assemble and we are good to go.

I played Need for speed hot pursuit for 2 hours after i fixed it with no problems.

Please don't follow my steps to fix your console i was putting it across in simple terms to let everyone know that it is quite easy to do if a little time consuming. If you want a more in depth guide and help - google - xbox 360 rrod repair kit pro II

that should get you on your way

Now that i have a working Xbox 360 any updates on this app coming up?

handhelds running mame really well, GP2x (mk2), GP2x wiz, JXD s7300

Samsung galaxy note 2 owner and of course mame on that too

ex - Xbox 360 user - here is the reason -

I am back Xboxing again - and here is what i did to correct it -

***UPDATE*** now 47 months on and x-clamp fix has just failed....not a bad run

Last edited by Bazza; 2011-01-23 at 21:12.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bazza For This Useful Post: