View Single Post
Posts: 139 | Thanked: 135 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cambridgeshire, UK
Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
Did you install nitdroid to external or internal memory card???
Please post the output of these commands to see what the install of nitdroid changed
Code:
sudo gainroot
sfdisk -l 
mount
Please post as much info as you know about which partition could be nitdroid and which could be maemo.
Right... it is definitely the eMMC that was formatted by nitdroid (grr!) but nitdroid itself was installed to an sd card, the only stuff on the internal storage would have been whatever bootloader stuff the nitdroid installer put on there.

The root directory is present but fat, swap and the 2gb linux partition on the eMMC are missing, pretty much only console stuff will run due to the lack of the swap partition.

testdisk (run from a linux laptop, with the drive mounted over USB) is finding the swap and 2gb partitions, but not the fat32 one. I have only scanned so far, I've not made any changes. I have also made a complete dump using ddrescue to the laptop - I've no idea what to do with it (I'm in at the deep end here) but it copied byte-by-byte fashion with no errors.

The results of testdisk allow me to look at the file structure of the found partitions and I see the sort of directories in there that I'm expecting (lost and found, opt, home) but I didn't do anything with it yet.

The results of the tests you asked me to run are:
Code:
:::: fdisk -l ::::                

Units = cylinders of 8257536 bytes, blocks of 1024 bytes, counting from 0

Device	Boot	Start	End	#cyls	#blocks	Id		System

/dev/mmcblk0p1	*	0+	3877-	3877-	31263744	c	W95 FAT32 (LBA)
		start: (c,h,s) expected (0,32,33) found (1023,255,63)
/dev/mmcblk0p2		0	-	0	0		0	Empty
/dev/mmcblk0p3		0	-	0	0		0	Empty
/dev/mmcblk0p4		0	-	0	0		0	Empty

:::: mount ::::

rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
ubi0:rootfs on / type ubifs (rw,bulk_read,no_chk_data_crc)
proc on /proc type proc (rw)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)
tmpfs on /tmp type tmpfs (rw,noatime,size=1024k)
tmpfs on /var/run type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,noatime,size=256k,mode=755)
none on /dev type tmpfs (rw,noatime,size=10240k,mode=755)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,gid=5,mode=620)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tempfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,size=65536k)
nodev on /sys/kernel/debug type debugfs (0)

I have managed to boot the N900 using the initrd/recovery image and the flasher tool, but I'm not really familiar with

the commands in busy box. I'd be fine if I could get the files out of the fat and 2gb linux partition sufficiently to

save the data I need and reintegrate it manually on a new eMMC vanilla flash.

Anyone have any ideas?