View Single Post
Originally Posted by v13 View Post
You didn't get the point: It's not a matter of ARM support. It's a matter of architecture diversity and whether it will attract other phone vendors.
I can't see why it won't. At the very least, it'll mean competition and price reduction in the mobile space.

I don't believe you understand what you're saying here. I'm not asking if it is possible to rebuild everything. I'm asking if it will ever work and if it will be adopted, or whether Nokia has thought about this. Please read previous posts.
I read your posts, and it seems to be mostly wondering if anything not Java can succeed. No one knows at this point if it will be adopted or succeed. But saying that not being VM-based will hinder it is to deny the fact that most *nix based stuff already is cross architecture.

This goes back to the "Store" aspect, which is not supplied by Intel (well maybe, if they adopt an Intel CPU,) Nokia, or "MeeGo" but by the hardware vendor.

As it is replying without first reading the posts. Unless you consider Python as a VM-based language, that's not what I said.
Python could be considered a VM-based language, as it can be "compiled" to some extent.

FWIW, the only available methods for doing this, as far as I know, are:
  • Java / VM based
  • Interpreted languages (Python)
  • LLVM
Sure, if you want to JIT your software.