View Single Post
Ok, though there aren't any reliable WEP sources near my local Second Cup to test association on, I can confirm that everything up to that point worked for me once sudser was installed.

If you try airmon-ng on the command line and see something about a missing "iw", ignore it, installing iw uninstalls aircrack-ng.

Good news about the coming GUI! Though the ASCII interface is cool in its own right

Originally Posted by tehowe View Post
'uboot-pr13 conflicts with kernel-power' I'm told, while running dpkg on the first deb file in the tutorial.

I'll just remove uboot and try again , but heads up to anyone wanting to use lxp's modded driver - it looks like multiboot may not work alongside the patched kernel that you need to install.

Edit: Removed that package and proceeding with install tutorial ok. There's still some kind of multiloader screen at bootup, so maybe an earlier version than pr1.3

Edit2: Finished tutorial, checked uname -r and power kernel is there but running load.sh doesn't seem to bring the patched kernel online: the output of airmon-ng start wlan0 indicates driver wl12xx and it returns an error reading... ERROR: Neither the sysfs interface linksnor the iw command is available. And then it says I need to download iw. Very well, ok.

I installed bash3 but using sudo gainroot to run these commands, which drops Xterminal back into BusyBox.

Last edited by tehowe; 2011-01-25 at 21:04.