View Single Post
Originally Posted by leetut View Post
to learn, and because i donated, i also have the right to do what i want with my device without asking permission from people with more linux experience than me

and i dont know who Faheem is, or why he blew his lid, infact ive never even seen that name before, but i can certainly see why n00bs joining the forum get a lot of grief!

p.s. i dont know what a vFAT partition is, i dont want to know and i dont need to know

anyway thanks for your help, it was greatly appreciated, ive learned so much from you that i feel a special bond towards you now
I'd have to disagree with this kind of statement Seriously all of these are needed and you have to learn it all. You can't learn algebra without learning how to use addition, subtraction, multiplication & division and same goes for learning extraction on linux without learning permissions and filesystems.
just FYI linux !=(not equals) windows so file permission algorithms are different...
vfat = windows while ext = linux
extracting a linux file with permission to an unsupported filesystem will lose it's permissions for it's necessary filesystem which in result would make it unable to be executed/accessed.