View Single Post
Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
Im a little confused by your thread. Your title is "N900/Maemo haters" but your question is rather in regards to people perceiving a lack of apps. I don't think the "goodbye" threads are mainly from people who hate the device, rather mostly they are written by people who find a better range of software and services on another device.

Some prefer a standard portrait UI based device. Some want a more reliable phone with a better range of call functions. Some want closed apps only available on other devices that wouldn't be possible to port. Some are interested in augmented applications that require a digital compass which is missing on N900. And to be honest, your list of games only highlights the lack of new games written for/available on the N900.. it can be argued that this is not a device for a modern gamer. Personally I'm annoyed that it doesnt have a bit more RAM

Every device has it's pros and cons and won't suit everyone. We all pays our money and makes our choices, imo it's fairly simple and straightforward
I've read a few "Goodbye N900" threads because they claimed they did not have enough apps. Maybe they were just using the Ovi store. I don't know. I agree the N900 is thick and does have it's downfalls and is far from perfect. But I don't see any problem with lack of applications.

The Following User Says Thank You to xxxxts For This Useful Post: