View Single Post
Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
Ok, all that you maacruz have wrote sounds difficult for me because of my English knowledge.
LOL.
I'm not native either, so I could have made some *unwanted* sounds
I want you to answer in simple words on three my questions:
1. Should I install whatever you've created and described here in this topic?
I guess you should. It is safe and easy to undo. Or you can wait for the next update, that's up to you.
I'm building deb packages but have been delayed by a couple of issues. I have just solved one of them (and proved it to be unrelated to my packages), and the remaining one is fairly minor, so it seems I'll finally will be able to finish the packaging without more delay.
2. How can I install it?
Download the latest sd-preempt-256 package. Make a directory somewhere (may be in mmc) and untar it there. Run the installation script by typing "sh install.sh sd-preemptnovermagic 256" there.
When installing, it will create a backup of your current kernel and modules. If you wish to uninstall later, run the installation script by typing "sh install.sh backup"
3. I have no dog to be killed if something will go wrong. Do I really need one?
I actually like dogs. I would be very sad if you get one and the poor creature gets killed as a consequence of any software failure, so as far as I'm concerned, it is better if you don't get one for this purpose.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maacruz For This Useful Post: