View Single Post
Posts: 319 | Thanked: 289 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Lisboa, Portugal
I posted this in another thread but it still holds true:

Code:
 I did the change from N900 to Nokia N8, just got it few days ago (company bought for us) and I am glad with it. Even though N8's browser infuriates me at times I hope that with the new update things will get better.

My girlfriend she has a Nokia N8 and, recently, we have traveled to greece and I was amazed at the pictures it took. 

What is awesome in the N8:
+Camera (o'rlly?)
+HDMI+Mouse support (in greece we used as our photo editor/email/browsing)
+3rd party apps (Yes I am shallow... I like spotify, foursquare, nokia big screen etc)
+Nokia Support: Either Ovi services (maps/mail/online/suite)
+Battery life

What I dont like:
-Calendar: N900 calendar it is still miles ahead in easy of use compared to the N8. Maybe some getting used to it still.
-UI feels clunky, even though snappier than N900

What I miss from N900:
+Browsing
+Skype integration
+The extra GBs of onboard memory

What I dont:
-Lack of Nokia support for its own services (Calendar/Maps/Suite/etc)
-Lack of 3rd party apps (I am not talking about tertminal-script-ish apps)

N900 was a lot of fun when I got because I was so excited to develop for it. But this whole platform change really turned me down. I can not say I have been burned by jumping head first but I want what a more mature platform offers me.

I had an iPhone and hated the way the phone controlled me. My next phone, if not a Symbian or MeeGo, would be an Android.

---------
I guess my point is depends what you want your phone to do for you. Nokia N8 performs very well and even impresses me sometimes
I guess that the N8/E7 you might think of things to come. Nokia will be releasing newer versions of Symbian and updating that to the existing phones, in fact 1.1 is out with few improvements.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...957#post922957

The Following User Says Thank You to HangLoose For This Useful Post: