View Single Post
Posts: 179 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Yorkshire, UK
Originally Posted by mrojas View Post
Freedom from Google is big enough of a feature.
Problem is while running from Google they run into the arms of M$ from which they will never recover. No one is releasing numbers of phones sold with winpho7 but market watchers say it is not a lot, it isn't great and is locked down and more backwards than Apple because they are chasing what Apple did 3 years ago with just releasing cut and paste etc.

And M$ just don't get open source, they don't like it, don't want it and won't support it because it is better than them. So forget apps and customisation. It will be M$ way or forget it and that means premiums, money and support when M$ want it. Not when you want or need it.

Given that option I would favour Android. At least it is cross platform, growing and relatively stable.

And in a race to stay in the game I think, Meego will be the casualty in favour of the cheaper and bigger markets with symbian. Elop said he is losing ground in emerging markets to chinese phones and that is their cash cow. Then high end will run something else while Meego is a back burner. Whatever Meego is released this year (if anything is) it will be just like the N900, a techincal exercise they can write off, followed by a quick wave to all the punters that paid for it.

Anti-Nokia Ambassador