View Single Post
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
I am so pissed of with Stephen Elop. Nokia was doing great until OPK left. All the problems started since Elop came. Ansi, & Jaaksi left and now Elop has totally destroyed the finnish company. Is there anything we as consumers can do to let the stock holders know our disapproval of Elop's plans? Surely this is not the way to go forward. What will happen to the Finnish economy? What about all the employees at nokia who have been working on symbian and meego?
Is there anything we can do to get our old nokia back??? Like an open letter to the stock holders to fire Elop and stop this madness??
They do know what the stockholders want... profit and growth.

I for one am kind of glad that Nokia can get back to what it does well... Design, develop, and produce excellent phones. It now has a shot at the 74% of the US market that still do not have "smart-phones".

In 18 to 24 months time those numbers will be reversed. If Nokia did not get off the "burning Symbian deck" now, those new smart-phones would be sold by Motorola and Apple.

This is good for consumers all the way around. Motorola has had a history of stifling software technology by offering models spec'ed the way that they wanted them. (Think J2ME). I'm thinkin' if their Android handset sales keep growing the way that they have been, it won't be long before they start wagging the Google dog too.

...and Apple. Don't even tease me. They are gaining the clout to dictate future standards in ways that may affect them in a positive way but, may have negative outcomes for anyone else. (Think Flash).

Edit: Sorry 'bout that Sach. My Keyboard batteries died mid post and I was posting from home while waiting for a ride to the airport.

When I finally do get back I'm going to have to deal with that keyboard as well as the handfull of remote controls I tore up hunting for dang AAA batteries.

SLN member # 009

Last edited by YoDude; 2011-02-13 at 17:56.

The Following User Says Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post: