View Single Post
You know what I truly lament?

That I liked the philosophy behind Symbian's. Function over form. You could customize, well, everything. You could do, also, everything. There wasn't anything I wanted to do, that I couldn't with Symbian. My Nokia E71... a swiss army knife of function encased on an indestructible steel body. Maps, GPS info (I have done entire site surveys with it), dictionary... It sipped data and power carefully and elegantly. In a world of Hummer smartphones, it was a compact diesel what would get my job done.

Eventually I decided I wanted something with a bigger screen, and I arrived here. It was you guys, this community, that taught me to love open source and all that it represents. I got my N800, and it was good. I dreamed about what MeeGo could bring. A true, fully fledged, flexible and powerful computer in your pocket.

Now, with WP7, I'm afraid we are losing more than just software platforms (or a huge amount of features we have for given). We are losing what made Nokia, Nokia.

And I look around, and I don't know what alternative is good enough to pick. Worst even... I don't think there is one.

Vínculos interesantes si nos visitas por primera vez (en inglés): New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Si te puedo ayudar con cualquier otra cosa, sólo dilo!

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to mrojas For This Useful Post: