View Single Post
I'll keep an eye on this as well.

Yet another ranty post. I bought a n900 after Motorola locked down my Milestone's firmware. Now, Nokia will (effectively) abandon Linux for Windows.

Back to Android it is. It's too bad. I really like the n900 and I'll certainly keep it around. There's been quite a bit of progress getting Android 2.2 and 2.3 kernels shoehorned into ROMs for the Milestone while I've been playing in Nokia-land.

It looks like a good time to go back. I'm intrigued by Samsung. The Samsung Galaxy line was looking sharp (if problematic with GPS driver bugginess), and it becomes more appealing now that there's a chroot Ubuntu for it. Then again, there's also chroot Ubuntu for the Milestone.

After two burns in close succession, I think it's time to take a "wait and see" attitude. I'm two for two with companies deciding to sh*t all over the loyal customers doing the legwork for their products. After spending $1000 on two phones in the past two years, it's time to back off and let someone else buy the turkeys.

Sorry to rant in this thread, back to your regularly scheduled discussion about Samsung as an alternative....

The Following User Says Thank You to eachna For This Useful Post: