View Single Post
Posts: 96 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ New Jersey, USA
Originally Posted by Sopwith View Post
I really don't know, gerbick, and you may be right. But with scraping it like this we will NEVER know.

I feel no need to become an apologist for Nokia's management. I thought things were messy when Meego was announced a year ago, but there is no match to the mess we're going to see the two years to come. What with WP7 completely undercooked (no multitasking, no copy/paste), and at the same time need to write all hardware drivers to put it on Nokia's devices. Will WP7 run well on the low range phones that currently use Symbian?

As I said, I am no expert at all, but my gut feeling tells me Nokia's problems aren't just going to go away with a new OS.
We DO know. Elop's memo TOLD US. The board approved of this. What more do we need to know?

I can just imagine if someone came here and went on and on about MMS, portrait mode or all the other features Maemo was missing the way y'all are going on about things that are already in the first update (cut and paste) or that don't stop iPhone buyers (multitasking). Is cut and paste any more of an omission than custom ringtones? The most powerful OS developer in the world joins forces with the greatest phone hardware developer in the world. It's IBM + MS all over again. I don't see how this can be a bad thing in the end.