View Single Post
Posts: 218 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Abu Dhabi , UAE
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
Mhm... I chose Maemo because I wanted freedom. Free software, yes, but also the freedom *not* to give away my personal data.

The more I think of it, the more I believe that the freedom to keep data to myself, not having to sign up to some cloud service or having to use a certain account, is even more important than the fact that some version of the OS on my phone is open source at some stage in development.

Given a choice between Windows Phone and Android, I'd stay away from phones altogether. If I had to use one, I'd use Microsoft. Never trust Google. Never ever.
Maybe you have forgot something.MS also collects personal data(Yes,even for a free flashlight app), or maybe the 3rd party.Unless you pay.Google also has the personal data collection and a big force to use a Google account,so we can trust neither of them.
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
With Linux and OS X, it is beginning to make serious inroads into the personal computer market as well.
I would like very much to believe it but the chart is showing something different
Attached Images

Last edited by govprog; 2011-02-16 at 11:57.