View Single Post
Posts: 500 | Thanked: 437 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oklahoma
Originally Posted by anjin View Post
Hi, I'm trying to decide if a n900 could be a good device for me to buy in the next weeks.

At the moment I have a nokia x6 16gb by vodafone, <snip>I didn't try even android so maybe I should /could go with some other device like Desire-z or Motorola Milestone, or something so (I am thinking especially about the physical keyboard).
I have not a big budget (I have a 5 months old daughter) so maybe also a symbian device like nokia c6 or (not now) a nokia e7 could be the answer. I really don't know.

What to do?

Thank you in advance for the help.

--
Anjin
You will find the N900 to be a superior writing device for note taking. I use it to take the minutes of meetings at work. I usually have the minutes e-mailed before the bulk of the people attending the meeting have left the room.

Browsing is excellent. Far superior to any other device I've used. With the addition of the Flash ID faking application Flash works unless the site calls a function that is exclusively Flash 10.x. Flash 9.4 ships on the device.

The map program has many detractors because it lacks the voice navigation most Nokia smartphone users have learned to take for granted. For locating an address it works fine.

You can bump the processor speed up if you feel you need more speed. I run mine at 1100 MHz (1.1 GHz) maximum speed and have no issues with random reboots. Some devices are reported to not support that much over-clocking. Mine, for example, will not tolerate 1.15 GHz as a maximum.

Image viewing, movie watching are all acceptable on the N900.

I can not speak to the Mac issues. Someone else who has experience there will be able to help.

In the last month I purchased a second N900 to ensure I had one in reserve. I feel it is that valuable for the things I do with it.