View Single Post
Posts: 53 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Madrid Spain
Originally Posted by tzsm98 View Post
You will find the N900 to be a superior writing device for note taking. I use it to take the minutes of meetings at work. I usually have the minutes e-mailed before the bulk of the people attending the meeting have left the room.
Nice, I used to wrote down meetings note with the th55, but I found impossible doing the same with the x6.

Browsing is excellent. Far superior to any other device I've used. With the addition of the Flash ID faking application Flash works unless the site calls a function that is exclusively Flash 10.x. Flash 9.4 ships on the device.
I'm pretty happy with the opera on the x6 (just I'd like to have more ram...) so I suppose web browsing would be better on n900.

The map program has many detractors because it lacks the voice navigation most Nokia smartphone users have learned to take for granted. For locating an address it works fine.
Good to know it, I really used the gps twice for testing, surely I am not a gps big user..

You can bump the processor speed up if you feel you need more speed. I run mine at 1100 MHz (1.1 GHz) maximum speed and have no issues with random reboots. Some devices are reported to not support that much over-clocking. Mine, for example, will not tolerate 1.15 GHz as a maximum.
The possibility to overclock is good to have, so the device is not so behind the last new devices.

Image viewing, movie watching are all acceptable on the N900.

I can not speak to the Mac issues. Someone else who has experience there will be able to help.

In the last month I purchased a second N900 to ensure I had one in reserve. I feel it is that valuable for the things I do with it.
Image viewing is pretty important for me. I really use it a lot. Do you use it with a lot of images. Is the n900 viewer affected from the same x6 bad habit? I mean to have all the images mixed when you load it on the device. Does the n900 search all the memory for looking for new images and show all images in the gallery? I'd like to browse the folder and when in one, click on one images and THEN could pass to the previous or the next, zoom it, etc etc.

Does the n900 connected with usb to a computer be view like a external memory?

Thank you for the answer!

--
Anjin