View Single Post
icing on the #nokia #fail cake

i went into an official nokia store today to buy a replacement WH-205 headset. Of course, despite being on their website, it was "not on our computer" but I could buy the alternative headset for 4 times the price, which (after 10mins of haggling - "can't open the packet", "no refund") I managed to test on my n900 and confirm the controls did not work with the music player. Then got a tirade of abuse when I mentioned I had installed the headphone daemon to use the headset button to skip tracks. They finished by saying - complete with eye-roll - "you've voided your warranty by installing 3rd party software".

On an n900? i thought that was the whole point? i couldn't even be bothered to say "if i only installed nokia software my phone would have about 10% of the functionality it has now"

came home and bought a genuine wh-205 headset off ebay for $10. would rather put up with a couple of days delivery wait than have anything to do with nokia ever again. much as i love the original concept of this phone and the passionate and loyal community, my n900 will be replaced by an alternative manufacturer's device running android in coming months.

nokia front-line staff obviously as clueless as their senior management.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gjh98 For This Useful Post: